Other really nice features include commentary, revision control, and mandatory GPL licensing. It’s also not a bad way to pick up some Python knowledge–especially when you see contributors named “guido.” Here are a couple fun/interesting/useful ones I found:
- Markov_Chain_Parody_Text_Generator Give it a body of text and get some random yet sensical text back
- Porter_Stemming_Algorithm Strip endings of words to get to their root e.g., running -> run
- Create_Thumbnail Create a Thumbnail from an Image File
- Google_Chart_API_URL_Generator GUI for Google Chart API to create simple charts
and of course:
- MetaUtility Enter some Python. Run it. See the output.
I was able to register on the site and write a silly little UUID Generator in about three minutes 🙂
I’d really like to see this done for PHP or Ruby too.