Dave Berlind announced a couple days ago that I’ll once again be doing the introductory talk for Mashup University, the structured sessions that preceed the Mashup Camp unconference. This talk is the same subject matter I covered in January at Mashup Camp 3 at MIT. The goal of this session is more of a pep-rally to get folks excited and curious about all of the great tools and tech available to the mashup community, and to get newbies acquainted to the ideas around the mashup environment. Basically, it’s a mashup State of the Union address, with a little how-to thrown in for good measure. The intro session is really fun talk to give, and I’m honored to have Dave and Doug extend the invitation.
July 6, 2007
Teaching Mashups 101 at Mashup University
By John Herren
About John Herren
John Herren is a developer and technical consultant with focus on web applications. He currently serves as Director of Development for Primetime US, the company behind the hit movie and book The Secet. John was formerly staff writer and developer community evangelist for Zend Technologies. Along with founding neat experiments like TagCloud.com, John is an active member in the mashup community, working with API providers and speaking at conferences. He is a published author of Linux certification study material. John enjoys using open source software like PHP and Ruby on Rails to bend the web into exciting new chimeras of hyperlinked goodness. View all posts by John Herren
This entry was posted on Friday, July 6th, 2007 at 6:22 pm and posted in Geeking Out, mashups. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “Teaching Mashups 101 at Mashup University”
- RT @peterprizio: cybergrx: Proud of the cybergrx team for making BuiltInColorado's list of Colorado Startups to Watch 2018 for the second y… 3 days ago
- Looking forward to playing with this! luna-lang.org 3 days ago
- How Generative Music Works teropa.info/loop/ 2 months ago
- What if math notation had been invented with interactive media? cognitivemedium.com/magic_paper/ 2 months ago
- Google is fighting fake news by linking fact checking. Search results will show a summary of your fact check. developers.google.com/search/docs/da… 2 months ago