Dave Berlind announced a couple days ago that I’ll once again be doing the introductory talk for Mashup University, the structured sessions that preceed the Mashup Camp unconference. This talk is the same subject matter I covered in January at Mashup Camp 3 at MIT. The goal of this session is more of a pep-rally to get folks excited and curious about all of the great tools and tech available to the mashup community, and to get newbies acquainted to the ideas around the mashup environment. Basically, it’s a mashup State of the Union address, with a little how-to thrown in for good measure. The intro session is really fun talk to give, and I’m honored to have Dave and Doug extend the invitation.
July 6, 2007
Teaching Mashups 101 at Mashup University
By John Herren
About John Herren
John Herren is a developer and technical consultant with focus on web applications. He currently serves as Director of Development for Primetime US, the company behind the hit movie and book The Secet. John was formerly staff writer and developer community evangelist for Zend Technologies. Along with founding neat experiments like TagCloud.com, John is an active member in the mashup community, working with API providers and speaking at conferences. He is a published author of Linux certification study material. John enjoys using open source software like PHP and Ruby on Rails to bend the web into exciting new chimeras of hyperlinked goodness. View all posts by John Herren
This entry was posted on Friday, July 6th, 2007 at 6:22 pm and posted in Geeking Out, mashups. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “Teaching Mashups 101 at Mashup University”
- When you use two dimensions to show four dimensions, then you add one back. twitter.com/sarah_edo/stat… 3 weeks ago
- CyberGRX named as one of the top #StartUps in #Denver by @Geektime bit.ly/2vIbNXU 3 weeks ago
- RT @XipiterSec: We like sharing neat visualizations ( twitter.com/XipiterSec/sta…) Today's: If you don't get how computers do binary math,you wi… 1 month ago
- RT @madewithARKit: 🤔 measuring a kitchen shouldn't be this satisfying...like, at all 🤔 bit.ly/2tJ5KV8 → app by @SmartPicture3D 📏 h… 1 month ago
- .@CyberGRX on Sabre #breach at Trump Hotels - another example of hackers targeting 3rd party, from @InfoSecurityMag bit.ly/2tipEmk 1 month ago